Chef's Choice Model 15XV 3-Stage Professional Electric Knife Sharpener, Platinum
- 3-STAGE ELECTRIC SHARPENER - Applies an ultra sharp edge to 15-degree knives
- DIAMOND ABRASIVES – Utilizing the hardest natural substance on earth, our proprietary diamond abrasives sharpen edges faster and easier
- TRIZOR ENGINEERED– 3 distinct facets set at different angles that form a longer lasting, arch-shaped edge
- ULTRASTROP– Patented stropping disks deliver an unparalleled polished knife edge in the finishing stage
- PRECISION ANGLE GUIDES - Ensures accurate sharpening throughout the entire edge and eliminates any guesswork
- XV TECHNOLOGY- Easily converts 20-degree class knives to a finer 15-degree edge
- SHARPENS MOST KNIVES – Sharpens straight edge and serrated knives
- SELECTED AS THE BEST– Chosen as the best knife sharpener in a test of 9 models by America’s Test Kitchen
The 15XV professional 3-stage electric knife sharpener is the ideal solution for 15-degree class knives. Using 100 percent diamonds, the hardest natural substance on earth, our patented abrasives sharpen edges faster and easier. This sharpener improves cutting performance by creating 3 distinct facets set at different angles to form a longer lasting, ultra-sharp edge. The first stage sharpens straight-edge knives using medium abrasives, while the second stage uses finer abrasives to hone the knife edge. In the final stage, patented stropping disks create an unparalleled polished finish. Precision angle guides ensure accurate sharpening throughout the entire blade length and eliminate any guesswork. In addition, this sharpener can easily convert a traditional 20-degree knife edge to more precise 15-degree edge. This unit is designed to work with both straight-edge and serrated knives.
WHY YOU NEED A KNIFE SHARPENER – Over time, a knife’s edge dulls under the stress of cutting. The overall performance can be significantly improved if sharpened and maintained correctly.
HOW DO KNIFE SHARPENERS WORK – Good sharpening systems shape the knife edge with a coarse abrasive and polish with a finer abrasive.
|Number of Sharpening Stages:||3|
|Abrasive:||100% diamond abrasives|
|Sharpens both fine edge and serrated knives:||Yes|
|Resulting Edge Angle:||15 degree|
|Single-sided Knife Sharpening:||Yes|
|Time Required to Sharpen:||Approximately 1 minute for first time sharpening. Resharpening is approximately 10 seconds.|
|Product Weight & Dimensions:|
|Origin:||Made in the USA with US and Globally Sourced Material|
|UL or ETL and Canadian Approved.||ETL/approved for Canada|
Utilizing the hardest natural substance on earth, our patented diamond abrasives sharpen edges faster and easier.
Applies a fine 15° edge for precision slicing
Ensures accurate sharpening throughout the entire edge and eliminates any guesswork.
Creates the first major bevel of the arch-shaped edge using medium diamond abrasives.
Shapes the second supported and smaller bevel of the arch-shaped edge using fine diamond abrasives.
Patented stropping disks deliver an unparalleled polished finish to straight-edge and serrated knives.