Cheeseburger Hand Pies for the PetitePie Maker
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Makes eight pies.
1 can refrigerated biscuits (such as Pillsbury Juniors® or Pillsbury Grands® cut in half)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. extra lean ground beef
½ medium onion, diced
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup ketchup
¼ cup yellow mustard
¼ cup dill pickle relish
8 oz. grated cheddar cheese, plus some for garnish
1. Preheat pie maker. When the green light comes on, the unit is at the proper baking temperature. While the pie maker is heating, let your homemade or pre-made pie dough come to room temperature and make filling.
2. In large frying pan, heat olive oil and add ground beef. Add onion and stir frequently. Crumble meat as it browns. Lightly season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Drain any juices and then stir in ketchup, mustard and pickle relish. Cook until heated through and well blended. Remove skillet from heat and stir in cheese.
4. Roll biscuit into a 5-inch circle. Use the pusher to gently form the biscuit into the well. Repeat process with the remaining biscuits.
5. Fill each biscuit cut with a generous rounded 1/3 cup of filling.
6. Close lid and bake pies for about 8 minutes. If the crusts are not done, continue baking to desired color.
7. To remove pies, use a fork to slightly lift the edge of the pie. Slide small spatula under the bottom of the pie, lift out and transfer to a cooling rack.
* Many trademarked products are available and can be used in the PetitePie™ Maker including pre-made mixes and doughs such as General Mills Bisquick®, Pillsbury Hungry Jack® Biscuits, and Pillsbury® pre-made Pie Crusts.
- Chef's Choice Admin