Chocolate Waffle Cones
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Makes about 8 cones.
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
2 Tbsp. butter
2 whole eggs
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup sifted all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. Dutch processed cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
1. Preheat the WaffleCone Express™. Start with Color Control setting of 2½ to 3, but change as necessary for best results.
2. Place the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan and melt over low heat. Stir to combine then set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Beat the eggs and salt in a small bowl with a fork until well blended.
4. Beat in the sugar until it is incorporated and the eggs have lightened in color slightly, about 1 minute.
5. Stir in the melted chocolate and butter.
6. Add the flour and cocoa powder, stirring slowly until all flour is moistened. Beat another 15 seconds to incorporate the flour and remove all lumps.
7. Stir in the vanilla extract, if using.
8. Spoon 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) of batter in the center of the iron. Bake for 1 minute then check for proper color. Cook and additional 5 to 10 seconds if necessary.
9. Quickly remove the waffle from the WaffleCone Express™ onto a clean cloth towel. If the waffle is too hot to handle with your bare hands, use the cloth to help lift and roll the waffle around the cone form. Hold the cone a few seconds to set its shape then place on a wire rack or in a cone holder to cool.
- Chef's Choice Admin