Easy Cherry-Apple Pie for the PetitePie Maker
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Makes four pies.
1 package of pie dough or use your own favorite recipe
1 can of apple pie filling
1 can of cherry pie filling
1. Preheat pie maker. When the green light comes on, the unit is at the proper baking temperature. While the pie maker is heating, let your homemade or pre-made pie dough come to room temperature and make filling.
2. Roll out pie dough. Use the PetitePie™ pastry cutter to cut 2 large rounds and 2 small rounds of dough from each sheet of pre-made dough. You need 4 large circles for the base of the pie and 4 small circles for the tops. Save dough scraps and re-roll for additional pies if desired.
3. Mix apple pie and cherry pie filling together.
4. Place the large circle of pie dough into pie maker mold. Using the pusher, gently form the dough into the well. Repeat process with the remaining large circles.
5. Fill each pie with a heaping ½ cup of cherry-apple filling. Lay the top crust on the filling. Use a sharp knife and cut vent holes in the top crust. Sprinkle the top crusts with cinnamon sugar (optional).
6. Close lid and bake pies for about 10 minutes. If the crusts are not done, continue baking to desired color.
7. To remove pies, use a fork to slightly lift the edge of the pie. Slide small spatula under the bottom of the pie, lift out and transfer to a cooling rack. Serve the pies warm and for a special treat add a scoop of ice cream.
* Many trademarked products are available and can be used in the PetitePie™ Maker including pre-made mixes and doughs such as General Mills Bisquick®, Pillsbury Hungry Jack® Biscuits, and Pillsbury® pre-made Pie Crusts..
- Chef's Choice Admin