Favorite Apple Pie for the PetitePie Maker
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Makes four pies.
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup white sugar
2 tsp. cornstarch
½ tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. cloves
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
4 apples peeled cored and chunked
4 Tbsp. of butter
1 Tbsp. vanilla
Juice of half a lemon (optional)
Grated rind of one lemon (optional)
1 package of pie dough or use your own favorite recipe
1. Preheat pie maker. When the green light comes on, the unit is at the proper baking temperature. While the pie maker is heating, let your homemade or pre-made pie dough come to room temperature and make filling.
2. Mix together brown sugar, white sugar, cornstarch, and spices. Set aside.
3. Cut apples into ½ inch chunks.
4. Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium low heat and add apples. Sauté apples until tender.
5. Add sugar mixture and cook over low heat until the sugar is melted and apples are glazed.
6. Stir in vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
7. Roll out pie dough. Use the PetitePie™ pastry cutter to cut 2 large rounds and 2 small rounds of dough from each sheet of pre-made dough. You need 4 large circles for the base of the pie and 4 small circles for the tops. Save dough scraps and re-roll for additional pies if desired.
8. Place the large circle of pie dough into pie maker mold. Using the pusher, gently form the dough into the well. Repeat process with the remaining large circles.
9. Fill each pie with a generous ½ cup of filling. Cover each pie with the small circle of dough. Use a sharp knife to cut vent holes in each pie.
10. Close lid and bake pies for about 8 minutes. If the crusts are not done, continue baking to desired color.
11. To remove pies, use a fork to slightly lift the edge of the pie. Slide small spatula under the bottom of the pie, lift out and transfer to a cooling rack.
* Many trademarked products are available and can be used in the PetitePie™ Maker including pre-made mixes and doughs such as General Mills Bisquick®, Pillsbury Hungry Jack® Biscuits, and Pillsbury® pre-made Pie Crusts.
- Chef's Choice Admin