Gourmet Waffle Cones
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Makes about 8 cones.
1 whole egg
1 egg white
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup granulated sugar
⅔ cup sifted all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. butter, melted and cooled slightly
1. Preheat the WaffleCone Express™. Start with Color Control setting of 2½ to 3, but change as necessary for best results.
2. Beat the egg, egg white and salt in a small bowl with a fork until well blended.
3. Beat in the sugar until it is incorporated and the egg has lightened in color slightly; about 1 minute.
4. Add flour and beat another 15 seconds or until incorporated and all lumps are gone.
5. Add the melted butter and stir until well blended.
6. Spoon 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) of batter in the center of the iron. Bake for 1 minute then check for proper color. Cook an additional 5 to 10 seconds if necessary.
7. Quickly remove the waffle from the WaffleCone Express™ onto a clean cloth towel. If the waffle is too hot to handle with your bare hands, use the cloth to help lift and roll the waffle around the cone form. Hold the cone a few seconds to set its shape then place on a wire rack or cone holder to cool.
- Chef's Choice Admin