Homemade Chicken Salad
Prep: 10 mins
4 cups diced poached chicken breast meat
1 stalk celery, cut into ¼-inch dice
4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced or ¼ cup sweet onion cut into ¼-inch dice
1 ½ teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon or fresh dill
2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
1 cup prepared mayonnaise
2 tsp. strained freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a mixing bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, scallions and herbs. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add to the chicken and mix gently until combined.
4. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. If using as a waffle cone filling, spoon into prepared cones using a small metal spoon.
- Chef's Choice Admin