Pecan Pie for the PetitePie Maker
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Makes eight pies.
1 cup pecan pieces
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2/3 cup golden cane syrup or light corn syrup
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
6 Tbsp. melted butter
1 package of pie dough or use your own favorite recipe
1. Preheat pie maker. When the green light comes on, the unit is at the proper baking temperature. While the pie maker is heating, let your homemade or pre-made pie dough come to room temperature and make filling.
2. Roll out pie dough. Use the PetitePie™ pastry cutter to cut 4 large rounds of dough from each sheet of pre-made dough. Save dough scraps and re-roll for additional pies if desired.
3. In a medium bowl whisk the eggs. Add the golden cane syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
4. Place the large circle of pie dough into pie maker mold. Using the pusher, gently form the dough into the well. Repeat process with the remaining large circles. Sprinkle the pecan pieces on the bottom of the crusts (use about 1/8 of a cup per each crust). Pour the filling (about ¼ cup) over the nuts, filling each shell about 2/3 full.
5. Close lid and bake pies for about 10 minutes. If the crusts are not done, continue baking to desired color.
6. To remove pies, use a fork to slightly lift the edge of the pie. Slide small spatula under the bottom of the pie, lift out and transfer to a cooling rack. Adjust cooking time if necessary.
* Many trademarked products are available and can be used in the PetitePie™ Maker including pre-made mixes and doughs such as General Mills Bisquick®, Pillsbury Hungry Jack® Biscuits, and Pillsbury® pre-made Pie Crusts.
- Chef's Choice Admin