Quick and Easy Chicken Pot Pie for the PetitePie Maker
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Makes four pies.
1½ cups of cooked diced chicken
1½ cups of frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, green beans work well or potatoes and mushrooms combination)
1 can cream of chicken soup (or substitute with cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup)
1 tsp. poultry seasoning
1 Tbsp. of water
1 package of pie dough or use your own favorite recipe
1. Preheat pie maker. When the green light comes on, the unit is at the proper baking temperature. While the pie maker is heating, let your homemade or pre-made pie dough come to room temperature and make filling.
2. Roll out pie dough. Use the PetitePie™ pastry cutter to cut 2 large rounds and 2 small rounds of dough from each sheet of pre-made dough. You need 4 large circles for the base of the pie and 4 small circles for the tops. Save dough scraps and re-roll for additional pies if desired.
3. Mix together chicken, vegetable mix, soup and seasoning.
4. In small bowl, whisk together egg and tablespoon of water.
5. Place the large circle of pie dough into pie maker mold. Using the pusher, gently form the dough into the well. Repeat process with the remaining large circles.
6. Fill each pie with ½ cup of filling. The filling should mound slightly.
7. Cover each pie with the small circle of dough. Lightly brush with egg wash. Take a sharp knife and make four slits in the top of each pie.
8. Close lid and bake pies for about 8 minutes. If the crusts are not done, continue baking to desired color.
9. To remove pies, use a fork to slightly lift the edge of the pie. Slide small spatula under the bottom of the pie, lift out and transfer to a cooling rack. Serve warm.
* Optional: Ladle chicken gravy over the top of the pie immediately before serving.
** Many trademarked products are available and can be used in the PetitePie™ Maker including pre-made mixes and doughs such as General Mills Bisquick®, Pillsbury Hungry Jack® Biscuits, and Pillsbury® pre-made Pie Crusts.
- Chef's Choice Admin