Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
This recipe should make from 2 to 8 waffles depending on the size of your waffle maker. Refer to your waffle manufacturer’s instructions for specifics
3 oz. (3 squares) unsweetened chocolate melted
½ cup (8 Tbsp.), butter or shortening, melted
½ tsp. salt
1/5 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ - ¾ cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans), optional
1 cup milk
powdered sugar, optional
1. Place the chocolate and butter or shortening in a small saucepan. Melt over low heat. Set aside to cool.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and salt until light in color.
3. Add the sugar and vanilla. Beat by hand to combine and then fold in the cooled chocolate mixture.
4. Stir in the flour and nuts, if using.
5. Slowly add just enough milk to make a thick batter.
6. Bake waffles according to your manufacturer’s instructions. Dust with powdered sugar if desired. Enjoy!
Note: Waffle brownies will store well for several days if wrapped in plastic.
- Chef's Choice Admin